About Alexandria Va Photographer.
Hello! Thanks for stopping by. My name it Gena (pronounced Jenna). When I was 17 I purchased a purple film camera which I carried with me to school daily and pretty much everywhere to chronicle my senior year in high school. I spent many nights putting together my senior year story in an album because the yearbook was just not going to capture everything. The photography obsession didn’t end there. I continued to take black and white film photography courses in college where I began to appreciate the art of photography and the darkroom experience. Through the years I found myself piecing together my life story in pictures. In 2008, Shutterfly, a major photography site which I frequented contacted me for permission to showcase my family photographs on-line and during business presentations. This started my journey into documenting families through different stages in their lives. Everyone always says kids grow up so fast. This is so true! This is why it’s so important to preserve special moments and memories we want to hold on to forever.
When I’m not photographing children and families, I’m shooting commercial work on a local, national, as well as international level. One of my favorites is working with non-profit organization and I may have even taken a photo of your family at The Alexandria Firefighter’s Inc., Local 2141 yearly Photos with Santa Event. Being a photographer has offered me an opportunity to work with amazing non-profit organizations such as the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, The American Heart Association Heart’s Delight, Help Portrait and Make-A-Wish Mid Atlantic, Inc.
Coming together and supporting other local business is important to me and I’m proud to have a working relationship with The Purple Goose, Busybees, Fit4Mom (Stroller Strides Alexandria Arlington) to name a few.
About My Photography
My goal today remains the same as the goal in my teens, to create timeless custom photographs that will document your family through different stages of your life. Let me help you make time stand still.
How does Gena Roma Photography differ from others?
- I travel to you or you can visit me in my studio, located in Alexandria, VA.
- At your request, a make up-artist will be on hand for your session.
- Your photographs will be tailored to your personality. We know how important it is for you to be unique and to be yourself. This is why a pre-session consultation is so important.
- Everyone loves an editorial photo as well as traditional posing. With me, you’ll get both!
- You’ll receive high end quality products and exceptional service.
- With Gena Roma Photography, you will receive beautiful artwork. I want you to cherish your family photographs and display them where you can enjoy them everyday and so your friends and family can marvel at them too. Your family photographs will be heirloom quality and deserve to be seen and enjoyed for years to come. If you’d like a wall display, I’m here to help you create one that’s sure to be a showstopper! I’ve got professional tools to make creating a wall collage a breeze.
Enough about me. Let’s talk about you! I love getting to know my clients and a pre-session consultation is a great way for me get to know you. I really want your personality to show through in your photographs and I can’t do that without knowing your style.